surrounded by 360° sparkling frost trees
From this winter, the cloud walk and the way to there will be lighten up. The path is surrounded by frost trees and you will be 360° surrounded by frost trees at the end point. The glistening scenery where the frost trees illuminated by the light can only be seen at night. In addition, you may see the diamond dust, the phenomenon of freezing water vapor in the air. It takes about 13 minutes by gondola to or back from the Terrace of Frost Tree, so you can enjoy the magnificent scenery easingly and safely at night.
Warming your body with "Frost Tree Hot Campari" while enjoying the frost tree scenery.
At Terrace of Frost Tree, we offer original drink called "Frost Tree Hot Campari". The heated Campari has a prominent aroma. In order for you to warm up your body in the freezing winter mountains while enjoying the magnificent scenery, we have prepared the hot Campari mixed with orange juice. The cocktail glass is rimmed with sugar and decorated with round slices of orange sprinkled with sugar powder to mimic the image of frost trees.
- Frost Tree Hot Campari 800 yen, hot drinks 500 yen ~ (tax and service fee are included)
* order before 18:15 (6:15 pm)
Enjoy Terrace of Frost Tree during the day as well
In the daytime, you can see the special view of landscape of Tomamu, where the temperature of winter is below freezing point. You can enjoy the blue sky, the snowy mountains, and the frost trees on the sunny day with clear air. The probability to see frost tree is 58% (*). This is a place for not only skier and snowboard player, but also those who do not ski, can enjoy strolling around in the winter mountain together.
* Average frost tree at Terrace of Frost Tree occurrences in 2018 (According to our company's research)
Terrace of Frost Tree (open during the daytime)
- December 1, 2018 - April 1, 2019
* The gondola may be closed due to weather conditions.
- 8:00-15:00（gondola last ride）,15:30（getting off time of the gondola last ride）
- Gondola round trip fee: Adult 2,200 yen, 6-12 year old 1,300 yen
* Free for The Tower and Risonare Tomamu guests
- Hotel guests and day trip visitors both can enjoy
Enjoy sweets and coffee while overlooking the magnificent scenery
At Terrace of Frost Tree, you can enjoy "Frost Tree Chocolate Fondant" and "Frost Tree coffee" while overlooking the magnificent scenery of the frost trees. Frost Tree Chocolate Fondant is a warm chocolate fondant with snow crystal shape white chocolate and chocolate branches expressing frost on the tree. Frost Tree Coffee is a hot coffee decorated with crafted pure white candy in the image of frost trees. After the candy melting in the coffee like the melting frost, you can taste a slightly sweet coffee. *Limited quantity
- Frost Tree coffee 500 yen, Frost Tree Chocolate Fondant 600 yen (tax and service fee are included)
* order before 15:00 (3:00 pm)
Only on the days when frost trees present, enjoy the winter mountain beauty exclusivelyFrost Tree Snowshoe Tour
A tour limited to one group per day. Put on the snowshoes and go to the areas that are not open to the public around Terrace of Frost Tree to observe the scenery of frost trees. The tour is only held when frost trees present. Enjoying the frost trees closely near the top of Mount Tomamu. During the tour, the guide accompanies and supports you from how to wear the snowshoes to how to walk safely. It is safe even for the beginners.
Frost Tree Snowshoe Tour
- December 1, 2018 - April 1, 2019
* It may be canceled due to bad weather.
- The Tower and Risonare Tomamu guest 1 person 4,000 yen (tax and service fee included)
* Day-trip visitors have to buy gondola tickets separately
Price includes: snowshoe rental fee, guide fee, hot drink
- Minimum number of people required
- 2 people
- 1 group per day* Up to 6 people per group
- Hotel guests and day trip visitors both are welcome. Only for 6 years and older
- Reservation cab be made on the homepage since October 15, 2018
Terrace of Frost Tree
An overlook spot of Mount Tomamu located at 1,088 meters (3,570 feet) above sea level. Enjoy the magnificent scenery created by the frost trees.