- Open Period
- DEC 1, 2018 to APR 1, 2019
- Open hours
- [ Day Time ] 8:00 - 15:00
[ Night Time ] 16:30 - 18:00 Last ride（Period: DEC 1-25, 2018）
- Adult ¥2,200, Child(age 7-12) ¥1,300
* Gondola round trip fee (Guests with lift coupon may ride for free)
* Both are the time for the last gondola going up (time for getting off the last ride is 30 min after for both)
* During business hours, there may be situations where frost tree does not occur or the business hours are cancelled due to weather conditions.
What is Frost Tree?
When the surrounding is below freezing point, the water vapor or fog in the air attach onto the plants. This kind of frosting is most commonly known as "Frost Tree".
Easy access to the mid-mountain by Unkai Gondola
A 13-min ride from the mid-mountain resort center on the Unkai Gondola.
Please enjoy the magnificent scenery from the Terrace of Frost Tree ("Unkai Terrace" in summer) 1088m above sea level.
Please enjoy our original menu while viewing the magnificent scenery.
- Chocolate in tge of frost and snow on the trees are arranged around the warm chocolate fondant.
- Price: ¥600 * Available only during day time
- A hot coffee decorated with crafted pure white candy in the image of frost tree.
- Price: ¥500 * Available only during day time
* Limited in number
Snow Mountain Walking Trail
Please enjoy the 200m Snow Mountain Walking Trail between the Terrace of Frost Tree and "Cloud Walk".
Only on the days when frost trees present, enjoy the winter mountain beauty exclusivelyFrost Tree Snowshoe Tour
A tour limited to one group per day. Put on the snowshoes and go to the areas that are not open to the public around Terrace of Frost Tree to observe the scenery of frost trees. The tour is only held when frost trees present. Enjoying the frost trees closely near the top of Mount Tomamu. During the tour, the guide accompanies and supports you from how to wear the snowshoes to how to walk safely. It is safe even for the beginners.
Frost Tree Snowshoe Tour
- December 1, 2018 - April 1, 2019
* It may be canceled due to bad weather.
- The Tower and Risonare Tomamu guest 1 person 4,000 yen (tax and service fee included)
* Day-trip visitors have to buy gondola tickets separately
Price includes: snowshoe rental fee, guide fee, hot drink
- Minimum number of people required
- 2 people
- 1 group per day* Up to 6 people per group
- Hotel guests and day trip visitors both are welcome. Only for 6 years and older
- Reservation cab be made on the homepage since October 15, 2018
Only until December 25 Light up event at Terrace of Frost Tree
A light up event at the Terrace of Frost Tree will be held.
After the business hours of the ski field, at the Terrace of Frost Tree surrounded by silence, please enjoy the night scenery with illuminated frost tree, and sometimes even diamond dust can be seen.
- Period: DEC 1-25, 2018
Warming the body with "Frost Tree Hot Campari" while enjoying the frost tree scenery.
- Heated Campari has a more prominent aroma. In order for you to warm up the body in the below freezing winter mountains while enjoying the magnificent scenery, we have prepared the hot Campari with orange juice. The cocktail glass is rimmed with sugar, sprinkled with sugar powder, and decorated with round slices of orange to mimic the image of frost tree.
- Price: ¥800
Available only during night time